I can't believe I'm leaving in 14 days. So much to do before then. I celebrated NYE with Marisa in my neighborhood Adair Park: http://adairpark.com/
There was a sort of "around the world" NYE party, but we only made it to the last stop, which was at Stephanie Gobler's place-- the house just over my backyard fence. It was great to be able to walk to a party and spend time with my amazing neighbors. I love this neighborhood!
Today Marisa and I went to my former co-worker, Judy Steven's house for a New Years day lunch: cornbread, sautéed spinach, black eyed peas, and mimosas... not a bad start to the new year. Ann Dellinger, one of my favorite co-workers, was there which was nice since it was probably the last time I will be able to see her in a non-work environment for a while:( We had a blast there and there was lots of southern story telling... Apparently Northern fairy tales begin with "Once a upon a time...", whereas Southern fairy tales begin with "You're not going to believe this sh*!" LOL.
This Saturday I'll have a going away party. I'm a little stressed because I love entertaining, but it's going to be hard in the middle of a move, etc. My neighbor, Eric Davis, is going to rock a paella dish for about 40 people, so I know it will be a success.

Marisa made tamales as well, so we have a good start. Still, there is a lot I need to do to prepare. Since this will be my last party in my house for at least 2 years--at a minimum-- I really want it to be a success. I'm really started to get excited, but I'm sure Saturday night will be bittersweet as I know I will be leaving a place I've called home on and off since 1994...
No comments:
Post a Comment